Reserve a Free Meeting Room at the Downtown Library
- The aadlfreespace meeting facility is available for free use by non-profit or for-profit groups twelve time slots per calendar year.
- Valid AADL Library Card required.
- Two+ week advanced reservation required (no walk-ins).
- Reserved daily in three time slots.
- 32 chairs and 4 six-foot tables are provided.
- Podium and whiteboard available, no supplies provided.
- Maximum capacity 32 people.
- No food is allowed.
- No parking or additional services (including set-up and furniture) are provided by the Library.
- No unapproved equipment.
- Signed copies of the Library Rules of Behavior and room agreement form required.
- Reserve by electronic form or by calling (734) 327-8311.
- It is the responsibility of the representative of the group reserving the room to ensure that all participants have knowledge of and adhere to the Rules and Regulations.
- Posting of announcements and directional signs on Library property is prohibited.
- No materials may be hung or affixed to any walls.
- The Library will not be responsible for loss of personal property.
- The room is expected to be left in the same condition in which it was found.
The aadlfreespace is available for use by non-profit or for-profit groups twelve time slots each year under procedures and usage established by Library Administration. Permission for use in no way implies library endorsement of goals or activities of any organization using this meeting room space. The aadlfreespace is not available for religious services or social events. Groups using the aadlfreespace may not charge admission, raise money, offer items for sale or interfere with normal Library operations. Upon adequate notice and for adequate reasons, including preceding rights by the Ann Arbor District Library Board, the Library reserves the right to revoke any permission to use this room. Aadlfreespace must be reserved at least 2 weeks or more in advance. A request can be submitted by completing the form below or leaving a voice mail at 327-8311. Your request is only valid upon confirmation by Library staff. A confirmation will be transmitted by email or telephone and a posting of that reservation will be made to the aadlfreespace calendar on the Library's website. Reservation preference will be allocated based on the time and date received. All groups will need to check in at the 2nd floor Reference Desk and sign the Library Rules of Behavior and aadlfreespace use agreement. Room must be vacated 1/2 hour before the Library closes.
Scheduling is filled as received. Please view monthly listing for available time slots.
You will receive confirmation by email, and your organization's name will appear on the room calendar. Just before your room appointment please come to the 2nd floor reference desk to sign the Library's use form and to be let into the room.
The aadlfreespace is not available on days when the library building is closed. Please click here for the library closings.
Meetings and events held in aadlfreespace are not considered Library sponsored events or programs. The Library is not responsible for disseminating information regarding the organizations, start times and other event information. The Library will post the following application information on the weekly events sign in the lobby: 1) the organization reserving the space 2) the date and time of room occupancy
It is required that all promotional information clearly identify the sponsor of the event and ways to obtain further information. Promotional information should in no way identify or imply the Library as a sponsor.
For assistance or questions please call (734) 327-8311