AADL-GT Game & Plan Meetup: This Saturday, 1-4 PM
Welcome back to the world of AADL-GT! Some weeks have passed since the tumultous Grand Championships and the end of the 2006 season; now it's time to look forward and talk about what worked and what didn't going into Season 4. If you want to be a part of this discussion, please join us this Saturday, 2/10, from 1-4 PM at the Pittsfield Branch Library behind the Ice Cube on Oak Valley Drive. We'll have plenty of open play, food, spirited discussions, a preview of the 2006 GC DVD, and your chance to be interviewed for bonus features on the disc. Please note that aged-out players (Seniors) are absolutely welcome at this event; your experienced input is invaluable to us, and we especially want to get interviews with as many graduating players as we can. We hope to see you all there! Read on for some items I'd like to discuss.
OK, first off, I think we need to discuss an issue that came up at the Grands: 2nd-place pacts in Melee. While this isn't the worst thing ever, it certainly isn't in the spirit of competition and fairness, and I think we need to address this to prevent a repeat.
While I think most of us are happy with the general format of the regular season rounds, please come prepared to discuss any things that you think should change, both with the regular season events and the grand championships, such as:
- Does the Clan System need Reform? What about the Clan Battles?
- Does our SSB ruleset need tweaking?
- Did you like the 4-player Kart format at the Grands? Should we adopt that in the regular season for more races per player?
- Should we stick with the Random matchup approach, or should we go to a pool-based system?
- What are the Odds that Brawl will be released before November?
- What ideas should we consider for changes to the Tournament formats?
- Anything else?
As always, I've got some good ideas for next year I want to run by you guys, so come ready to play and yammer about picayune details until you can yammer no more. See you there!