- Published: New York : Abrams Books for Young Readers, 2014.
- Year Published: 2014
- Description: 76 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Rector, Sarah, -- 1902
- African Americans -- Biography.
- Creek Indians -- Biography.
- Indians of North America -- Biography.
- Women -- Biography.
- Petroleum industry and trade -- History -- 20th century. -- Oklahoma
- Creek County (Okla.) -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Fun Summer Non-fiction for Young Children
- Picture Book History - World and Cultures
- LINKS Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Picture Book History - Women's stories
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
Login to add tags
Searching for Sarah Rector : the richest black girl in America
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y 976.684 Bo
Available Copies: Malletts Youth, Traverwood Youth
160 acres -- Three and a half dollars an acre -- Twelve and a half percent -- One million dollars.
Recounts the story of the 1914 disappearance of eleven-year-old Sarah Rector, an African American who was part of the Creek Indian people and whose land had made her wealthy, and what it reveals about race, money, and American society.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.