- Language: English
- Format: Tools
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Music Tools
- 1 Volca Bass
Following in the footsteps of the monotron, monotribe, and MS-20 Mini analog synthesizers, Korg announces the Volca series. Volca is a new lineup of EDM production tools comprised of three distinct models: the Volca Keys lead synthesizer, the volca Bass synthesizer, and the Volca Beats rhythm machine. These powerful and fun-to-use true-analog devices deliver a diverse array of fat sounds that can be obtained only from an analog synthesizer. Each is also equipped with sequencing/recording capabilities for intuitively generating performances. Multiple volcas can be used in tandem via the vintage-style sync in/out, and with your favorite DAW software or MIDI keyboard via MIDI In. Battery operation and built-in speakers mean that you can conveniently play anywhere and anytime. These are the next-generation analog synthesizers, bringing you the ultimate sounds and grooves with ease and depth. Whether used together or by themselves, the volca series is poised to inject true analog power into any performance or studio setup!
Volca Series Common Features:
SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performance with multiple units or with your DAW
By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
Self-tuning function (Volca Bass and Keys only)
Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift over time, or because of changes in temperature. Volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
Volca Bass Key Features:
Powerful analog bass sound
- Three analogue oscillators for thick, huge bass line
- Newly designed analog filter for crisp, bright response
- Simple structure with single VCF, VCA, LFO, and EG
Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series
- Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- Slide function that’s indispensable for acid and other types of electronic music
- Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps
Convenient functions for ease of use
- Self-tuning function for constant, stable pitch
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
Aggressive sounds that stand up to the drums; fat sounds that support the rhythm; funky sounds that generate a groove - the volca Bass is an analog groove box that has what you need for a wide range of bass lines.
Although simple in structure, the analog sound engine has an unmistakable presence with subtle nuances that cannot be reproduced by a digital simulation; it's a great choice for acid house and many other styles of music. The step sequencer distilled from the Electribe is not only visually intuitive; it's also a powerful way to generate "free form" bass loops that will stimulate your inspiration.
- Keyboard: Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Structure: 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO Waves: Saw, Square
- VCF: Cutoff, Peak, EG Intensity
- VCF Type: Low Pass Filter, 12 dB/oct
- VCA: EG on/of, Sustain on/off
- LFO: Rate, Intensity, Target (Amp, Pitch, Cutoff), Wave (Triangle, Square)
- EG: Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Number of parts: 3
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 8
- Audio Output: Headphones (1/8” stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (1/8” monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) Sync Out (1/8” monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Power supply: 6 AA alkaline or AA nickel-metal hydride batteries or KA-350 AC adapter (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 193 × 115 × 46 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.82 inches
- Weight: 370 g / 0.82 lbs (Excluding batteries)
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.