- Published: New York : Broadway Paperbacks, 2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 online resource (pages)
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780385344968 : PAP
- 0385344961 : PAP
- Carnarvon, Henry George Alfred Herbert, -- Earl of, -- 1898-1987.
- Highclere Castle -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Great Britain.
- Nobility -- Biography. -- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Lady Catherine, the earl, and the real Downton Abbey
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 941.082 Ca
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, West Adult
India, March 1923 -- A very English American -- The girl in the yellow dress -- From honeymoon to Highclere -- The heir is christened -- Saving Highclere -- Life and death in the roaring twenties -- Highclere in all its glory -- There may be trouble ahead -- Bitter sweet -- Two divorces and a wedding -- Recovery -- The coming disaster -- We are at war -- Blood, toil, tears and sweat -- Coming through darkness -- Shoulder to shoulder -- To play one's part -- The beginning of the end -- Celebrations.
Using copious materials--including diaries and scrapbooks--from the castle's archives, the current Countess of Carnarvon tells the story of Catherine Wendell, the beautiful and spirited American woman who married Lady Almina's son, the man who would become the 6th Earl of Carnarvon, while paying particular attention to the staff who offer the Castle continuity between generations.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.