- Published: Austin, Tex. : Greenleaf Book Group Press, c2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 292 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lobdell, Lucy Ann, -- 1829 -- Fiction.
- Transvestism -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Lesbians -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Historical fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
One day in 1855 Lucy Lobdell cut her hair, changed clothes, and went off to live her life as a man. By the time it was over, she was notorious. Lucy lived at a time when women did not commonly travel unescorted, carry a rifle, sit down in bars, or have romantic liaisons with other women. To gain those freedoms Lucy had to endure public scorn and wrestle with a sexual identity whose vocabulary had yet to be invented.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.