- Published: Austin, Tex. : Greenleaf Book Group Press, c2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 292 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lobdell, Lucy Ann, -- 1829 -- Fiction.
- Transvestism -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Lesbians -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Historical fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Malletts Adult, Traverwood Adult
One day in 1855 Lucy Lobdell cut her hair, changed clothes, and went off to live her life as a man. By the time it was over, she was notorious. Lucy lived at a time when women did not commonly travel unescorted, carry a rifle, sit down in bars, or have romantic liaisons with other women. To gain those freedoms Lucy had to endure public scorn and wrestle with a sexual identity whose vocabulary had yet to be invented.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.