- Published: New York : Reagan Arthur Books, 2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Edition: First edition.
- Description: 296 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Girls -- Fiction. -- Zimbabwe
- Political violence -- Fiction. -- Zimbabwe
- Families -- Fiction. -- Zimbabwe
- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- Zimbabweans -- Fiction. -- United States
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
We need new names
There are no copies available and 23 requests on 8 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Follows ten-year-old Zimbabwe native, Darling, as she escapes the closed schools and paramilitary police control of her homeland in search of opportunity and freedom with an aunt in America.
As a young teen, the author (and the main character in the story) moved to join family in Michigan, and her insights into the African ex-pat community were pretty interesting, too.
I had a hard time putting this down. This may be the best novel I've read this year.
Login to write a review of your own.