- Published: New York : Grand Central Publishing, 2014.
- Year Published: 2014
- Edition: First edition.
- Description: 223 pages ; 24 cm
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Female friendship -- Fiction.
- Women -- Fiction. -- Psychology
- Beaches -- Fiction. -- South Carolina
- Vacation homes -- Fiction. -- South Carolina
- Vacation rentals -- Fiction. -- South Carolina
- South Carolina -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The girls of August
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Fl., NEW, Malletts Adult, NEW, Pittsfield Adult, NEW
"Every August, four women would gather together to spend a week at the beach, renting a new house each year. The ritual began when they were in their twenties and their husbands were in medical school, and became a mainstay of every summer thereafter. Their only criteria was oceanfront and isolation, their only desire to strengthen their far-flung friendships. They called themselves the Girls of August. But when one of the Girls dies tragically, the group slowly drifts apart and their vacations together are brought to a halt. Years later, a new marriage reunites them and they decide to come together once again on a remote barrier island off the South Carolina coast. There, far from civilization, the women make startling discoveries that will change them in ways they never expected"
Login to write a review of your own.