- Published: Far Hills, N.J. : New Horizon Press, c2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: xiv, 223 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Parents of sexual minority youth.
- Sexual minority youth -- Family relationships.
- Gay youth.
- Lesbian youth.
- Bisexual youth.
- Transgender youth.
- Transsexual youth.
- Sexual minorities.
- Coming out (Sexual orientation)
Recently Listed On
- Facts of Life for Middle-High School - ages 11-18 yrs.
- Facts of Life for Elementary School - ages 6-11 yrs.
- we're here, we're queer, let's drink some butterbeer
- books to read 2014
- LGBT people and religion
- Transgender & Intersex books and more
Login to add tags
Coming around : parenting lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender kids
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Downtown Parent Shelf, Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult
Tempering first reactions. Taking a generational perspective ; What is LGBTQ? ; First reactions ; What not to say ; What to say ; Getting it right when you can't agree ; Parental adjustments -- Homophobia. Understanding homophobia ; Dissecting stereotypes ; Casual cruelty ; When homophobia morphs into hate ; Religion and homophobia ; Bullying ; Can sexual orientation be changed? -- The path to healthy adulthood. Social-emotional development ; The only way through is out ; Stages of coming out ; When development derails ; Resiliency and hope -- Health and sexuality. Sexuality: the birds and the bees revisited ; Health risks ; Optimizing health care ; Becoming an in-law and grandparent -- The fight for equality. Values, rights and laws ; Marriage matters ; Legal protections ; Positively gay.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.