- Published: Berkeley, CA : Image Comics, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : chiefly col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Parents of racially mixed children -- Fiction.
- Parents of exceptional children -- Fiction.
- Interracial marriage -- Fiction.
- Ethnicity -- Fiction.
- Imaginary wars and battles -- Fiction.
- Military deserters -- Fiction.
- Graphic novels.
- Fantasy stories,
- Science fiction stories.
Recently Listed On
- Recommended comics/graphic novels
- A Geek Lady's Favorite Comics
- SF/F/Horror Graphic Novels/Comics
- The A.V. Club's Best Comics of 2012: Superhero and Mainstream
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2013
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2012
- Harvey Award Winning Comics/Graphic Novels
- Eisner Award Nominated Graphic Novels/Comics 2013
- Booklist's Top 10 Graphic Novels: 2013
Login to add tags
Saga. Volume 1
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Saga
Available Copies: Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult
"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p.  of cover.
With the name "Saga", I expected Vaughan's latest to be epic, sprawling, and insufferably stuffy. Over-earnest. Gone with the Wind and Star Wars and Ben Hur and the Iliad.
What I found instead is something that--while still with the potential to be epic--is accessible, sardonically funny, and ENDLESSLY creative. Magic-wielding people with all manner of horns warring against tech-wielding people with all manner of wings. A noble class of human-robot hybrids with old-fashioned tube-TVs for heads. (Vaughan uses the screens to wonderful emotive effect.) People who are just giant heads with legs, a large cat that can tell when people are lying, a sarcastic dead teenager who's a floating torso, and the kinds of orgies that you can only get by inventing stuff like this. And that's the tip of the iceberg.
Login to write a review of your own.