- Published: New York : Free Press, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st Free Press hardcover ed.
- Description: xii, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Cahalan, Susannah -- Health.
- Cahalan, Susannah -- Mental health.
- Encephalitis -- Biography. -- Patients
- Autoimmune diseases -- Biography. -- Patients
- Frontal lobes -- Biography. -- Diseases -- Patients
- Limbic system -- Biography. -- Diseases -- Patients
- Diagnostic errors -- Case studies.
Login to add tags
Brain on fire : my month of madness
There are no copies available and 7 requests on 13 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: 616.832 Ca
Crazy -- The clock -- In search of lost time.
The story of twenty-four-year-old Susannah Cahalan and the life-saving discovery of the autoimmune disorder that nearly killed her -- and that could perhaps be the root of "demonic possessions" throughout history.
2009. Cahalan woke up alone in a strange hospital room, strapped to her bed, under guard, and unable to move or speak. Her medical records chronicled a month long hospital stay of which she had no memory at all. Neurologist Souhel Najjar recognized the symptoms of a newly discovered autoimmune disorder in which the body attacks the brain, a disease now thought to be tied to both schizophrenia and autism, and perhaps the root of "demonic possessions" throughout history. This is the account of one woman's struggle to recapture her identity and to rediscover herself among the fragments left behind.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.