- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 293 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lesbians -- Fiction.
- Family problems -- Fiction.
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
- Gossip -- Fiction.
- High schools -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- The Fault in Our Stars, Weepy Romances and books on Illness
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- YA To Read When There's Time!
- Recommended Realistic Teen Fiction
- Mock Printz 2013 Goodreads
- 2013 Rainbow Project Nominations
- If you like "13 Reasons Why"...
Login to add tags
Ask the passengers
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
"Astrid Jones copes with her small town's gossip and narrow-mindedness by staring at the sky and imagining that she's sending love to the passengers in the airplanes flying high over her backyard. Maybe they'll know what to do with it. Maybe it'll make them happy. Maybe they'll need it. Her mother doesn't want it, her father's always stoned, her perfect sister's too busy trying to fit in, and the people in her small town would never allow her to love the person she really wants to: another girl named Dee. There's no one Astrid feels she can talk to about this deep secret or the profound questions that she's trying to answer. But little does she know just how much sending her love--and asking the right questions--will affect the passengers' lives, and her own, for the better"-- Provided by publisher.
Login to write a review of your own.