- Published: New York, NY : Graphix, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 233 p. ; col. ill. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Lexile: 400
Recently Listed On
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2013
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 6th - 8th grade
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- Booklist Top 10 Graphic Novels for Youth 2013
- Top Graphic Novels Starring Mighty Girls
- LGBTQ Graphic Novels
- Nerd Family media
- Comics by artists and writers attending Kids Read Comics 2013!
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens Top Ten 2013
- Gowns, Greasepaint, and Guitars: YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Teens 2013
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 9 requests on 2 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Graphic Novel / Telgemeier, Raina
Callie rides an emotional roller coaster while serving on the stage crew for a middle school production of Moon over Mississippi as various relationships start and end, and others never quite get going.
Reviews & Summaries
But the skill level relative to the drama production is where I was really shaking my head. I'm supposed to believe an 8th grader can design and make all costumes for a period piece (including boning in corsets??), a 7th grader design all the sets and manage their production? Sorry, but no. Especially not without significant adult help, and we barely even see the teacher sponsor in this. I suppose this is another example of absent adults so the main characters can have the dramatic literary tension, but that ruined it for me. (My drama experience: sister of a costume designer. Even in college she wasn't doing shows on her own!) Because I couldn't think of these characters as tweens, the rest fell flat.
Login to write a review of your own.