- Published: New York : First Second, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Lexile: 390
- Ghosts -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- High schools -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Graphic novels.
- Ghost stories.
Recently Listed On
- School Library Journal's Top 10 Graphic Novels of 2012
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2012
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2013
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 6th - 8th grade
- Teen Graphic Novel Core List
- Top Graphic Novels Starring Mighty Girls
- Summer 2013
- May School Visits 2013 - Sharon MS
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens Top Ten 2013
- Vacation List
Login to add tags
Friends with boys
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Graphic Novel / Hicks, Faith Erin
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen, West Teen
After an idyllic childhood of homeschooling with her mother and three older brothers, Maggie enrolls in public high school, where interacting with her peers is complicated by the melancholy ghost that has followed her throughout her entire life.
Reviews & Summaries
Oh, did I forget to mention that Maggie has been stalked by a ghost in a graveyard for the past seven years? And that her mother recently abandoned their family for reasons unknown? As these developments are gradually (and seamlessly) revealed, readers will find themselves pulled more deeply into the tale, searching for answers along with Maggie and her new friends.
Author and comic artist, Faith Erin Hicks, creates a vivid portrait of Maggie's family as well as their community through black, white, and gray shading. Deep character expressions are effectively portrayed, and Hicks' use of alternating panel sizes carries the narrative along swiftly.
Highly recommended for grades 8 - 12.
Login to write a review of your own.