- Published: New York : HarperLuxe, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st HarperLuxe ed.
- Description: 730 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- Albright, Madeleine Korbel -- Family.
- Albright, Madeleine Korbel -- Childhood and youth.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Czechoslovakia.
- Jewish families -- Biography. -- Czech Republic -- Prague
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Czech Republic -- Prague.
- Czechoslovakia -- History -- 1938-1945.
- Prague (Czech Republic) -- Biography.
- Prague (Czech Republic) -- History -- 20th century.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Prague winter : a personal story of remembrance and war, 1937-1948
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Setting out -- Pt. 1: Before March 15, 1939. An unwelcome guest ; Tales of Bohemia ; The competition ; The linden tree ; A favorable impression ; Out from behind the mountains ; "We must go on being cowards" ; A hopeless task -- Part two: April 1939-April 1942. Starting over ; Occupation and resistance ; The lamps go out ; The irresistible force ; Fire in the sky ; The alliance comes together ; The crown of Wenceslas -- Pt. 3: May 1942-April 1945. Day of the assassins ; Auguries of genocide ; Terezin ; The bridge too far ; Cried-out eyes ; Doodlebugs and gooney birds ; Hitler's end -- Pt. 4: May 1945-November 1948. No angels ; Unpatched ; A world big enough to keep us apart ; A precarious balance ; Struggle for a nation's soul ; A failure to communicate ; The fall ; Sands through the hour-glass -- The next chapter -- Guide to personalities -- Time lines.
From former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright comes a moving and thoughtful memoir of her formative years in Czechoslovakia during the tumult of Nazi occupation, World War II, fascism, and the onset of the Cold War. --Publisher's description.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.