- Published: New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 312 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 560
- Mystery and detective stories.
- Restaurants -- Fiction.
- Community life -- Fiction. -- North Carolina
- Identity (Philosophical concept) -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Fiction.
- Foundlings -- Fiction.
- North Carolina -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- Mighty Girls Fiction and Non-fiction!
- 2012 Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers
- School Visits 2013 - Ieva
- May School Visits 2013 - Amanda 3-5
- Tappan's Top Ten Titles 2013
- May School Visits 2013 4-5 Laura
- Y Fiction to Check out of the library
- Gift Books 2012
- Newbery 2013 Contenders
Login to add tags
Three times lucky
There are no copies available and 1 request on 11 copies
Washed ashore as a baby in tiny Tupelo Landing, North Carolina, Mo LoBeau, now eleven, and her best friend Dale turn detective when the amnesiac Colonel, owner of a café and co-parent of Mo with his cook, Miss Lana, seems implicated in a murder.
I'll let others point out the themes of identity and so on, or criticize the southern-quirkiness-stereotypes. Just know that it's good for reading aloud, and will make you laugh out loud, and might make you break into a faux southern accent as you read (if you're not above that sort of thing...)
Login to write a review of your own.