- Published: New York : Hyperion Books, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st Hyperion Books hardcover ed.
- Description: 343 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1020
- Women air pilots -- Fiction.
- Air pilots -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Nazis -- Fiction.
- Espionage -- Fiction.
- Insurgency -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- Fiction. -- History -- 1936-1945
- France -- Fiction. -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- World War II Historical Fiction for Adults
- YALSA's Best Fiction for Young Adults 2013
- Historical Fiction - Librarians' Choice for High School
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- 2013 Teen Top Ten Nominations
- Most Popular Kids Books
- Teen Spy/Mystery novels
- Spy Books for Girls
- Popular Teen Historical Fiction
Login to add tags
Code name Verity
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Malletts Teen
In 1943, a British fighter plane crashes in Nazi-occupied France and the survivor tells a tale of friendship, war, espionage, and great courage as she relates what she must to survive while keeping secret all that she can.
What was tough about it was that the early part of the book rambled quite a bit. If it hadn't been a book club book, I'm not entirely sure that I would have kept at it as diligently, though it was definitely good enough to keep reading. As you read the story, though, it becomes clear just *why* the story is rambling, and that becomes easier to get through.
And then, when you wonder what else could possibly fill the rest of the book, the second half hits. Wow. It picked up quite a bit from there. So, great book, great women characters, learned a lot, but got off to a slow-ish start. I can live with that.
Login to write a review of your own.