- Published: New York : Katherine Tegen Books, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 525 p. : 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 710
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Families -- Fiction.
- Courage -- Fiction.
- Social classes -- Fiction.
- Science fiction.
- Conduct of life.
Recently Listed On
- 2013 Teen Top Ten Nominations
- Popular Teen Science Fiction
- Science Fiction Dystopian Trilogy's & Good Trilogy's!
- NPR List of the Best 100 Young Adult and Teen Novels
- 2012 Teen Choice Awards Nominees
- Popular Dystopian and Apocalyptic Teen Books
- Books I Will Eventually Read
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 164 requests on 34 copies
"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"-- Provided by publisher.
and Insurgent in 2012.
What's next, Detergent? :-)
Tris doesn't always make good decisions. In fact, she makes some really, really bad decisions but I felt like I understood her so well that I got why she did the things she did even if it's not what I would do. My favorite thing about Insurgent was how well the author messed with your expectations of who is good and who is not. And it's not based just on who Tris likes. I kind of saw the twist at the end coming, but it still gave me chills when I read it. This was a fast read and I couldn't put it down. It left me with some deep thoughts about how easily your virtues can become a vice if you're not careful. I loved the complex idea and story arc. It was an intense, action-packed ride that had me saying "Wow" when I closed the book.
Login to write a review of your own.