- Published: New York : First Second, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 198 p. : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- African American college students -- Fiction.
- Civil rights movements -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century -- Texas -- Houston
- Graphic novels.
- Texas -- Fiction. -- Social conditions
- Texas -- Fiction. -- Race relations
Recently Listed On
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2013
- Graphic novel biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens Top Ten 2013
Login to add tags
The silence of our friends
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Long, Mark
This semi-autobiographical tale is set in 1967 Texas, against the backdrop of the fight for civil rights. A white family from a notoriously racist neighborhood in the suburbs and a black family from its poorest ward cross Houston's color line, overcoming humiliation, degradation, and violence to win the freedom of five black college students unjustly charged with the murder of a policeman.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.