- Published: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 315 p. : map ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Strayed, Cheryl, -- 1968 -- Travel -- Pacific Crest Trail.
- Authors, American -- Biography. -- 21st century
- Pacific Crest Trail -- Description and travel.
Recently Listed On
- possible future reads
- Book Club Suggestions
- Recommended Books
- Checkout History
- ED'S FAVORITE AUTHORS AND BOOKS
- Favorite Memoirs
Login to add tags
Wild : from lost to found on the Pacific Crest trail
There are no copies available and 38 requests on 38 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: 921 Strayed, Cheryl
Traces the personal crisis the author endured after the death of her mother and a painful divorce, which prompted her ambition to undertake a dangerous 1,100-mile solo hike that both drove her to rock bottom and helped her to heal.
Reviews & Summaries
This was also the story of her personal journey to face/ confront her challenging, if not dysfunctional life, and there were parts of that retelling that were just more that I really needed to hear. It's great for her that she worked through it all, but I don't know that *I* really needed to know about it.
Still, the whole of the story and the thousand mile hike were well worth the read.
Login to write a review of your own.