- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 549 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 850
- Assassins -- Fiction.
- Death -- Fiction.
- Gods -- Fiction.
- Courts and courtiers -- Fiction.
- Brittany (France) -- Fiction. -- History -- 1341-1532
- France -- Fiction. -- History -- Charles VIII, 1483-1498
Recently Listed On
- If you liked Divergent, try....
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- 2013 Teen Top Ten Nominations
- Game of Thrones Read-Alikes
- Mock Printz 2013 Goodreads
- Printz 2013 Contenders
- Finished THE HUNGER GAMES and looking for similar titles? (Older teens/adults)
- Teen Girl Book Club
- My Summer Reading List
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 3rd Floor
In the fifteenth-century kingdom of Brittany, seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where she learns that the god of Death has blessed her with dangerous gifts--and a violent destiny.
Reviews & Summaries
A poor farmer's abused daughter is sent to a convent dedicated to the saint of death, where she is trained to be an assassin and then sent to the royal court of Brittany in the 15th century. It wasn't quite as predictable as it the description makes it seem, but it wasn't overwhelmingly fantastic, either. A good read if you like poisons.
Login to write a review of your own.