- Published: New York : Crown, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 275 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- National security.
- Political culture.
- United States -- Military policy.
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Appropriations and expenditures.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1989
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1989
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / History & Theory
- HISTORY / United States / 20th Century
Recently Listed On
- Books, Movies, TV Shows, and Albums featured on the Daily Show (2013)
- Books, Movies, TV Shows, and Albums Featured on the Daily Show (2012)
Login to add tags
Drift : the unmooring of American military power
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 306.27 Ma
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult
Prologue: Is It Too Late to Descope This? -- G.I. Joe, Ho Chi Minh, and the American Art of Fighting About Fighting -- A Nation at Peace Everywhere in the World -- Let 'Er Fly -- Isle of Spice -- Stupid Regulations -- Mylanta, 'Tis of Thee -- Doing More with Less (Hassle) -- "One Hell of a Killing Machine" -- An $8 Trillion Fungus Among Us -- Epilogue: You Build It, You Own It.
Explains how the focus on national security is actually compromising national stability, tracing the historical events and contributing factors that have promoted a deeply militarized American culture.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.