- Published: New York : Simon & Schuster, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.
- Description: xxvii, 448 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), maps ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Henry -- VII, -- King of England, -- 1457-1509.
- Tudor, House of.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1509.
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry VII, 1485-1509.
- Great Britain -- Biography. -- Kings and rulers
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Winter king : Henry VII and the dawn of Tudor England
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 921 Henry
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl.
Originally published in Great Britain by Penguin Books Ltd., 2011.
Prologue: Red rose, avenger of the white -- Blood and roses -- Not a drop of doubtful royal blood -- Richmond -- He seeks in all places to destroy me -- Now must you supply the mother's part also -- Change of worlds -- No sure way -- Council learned -- Our second treasure -- Null and void -- This day came De la Pole -- New heaven, new Earth -- A state of avarice -- Extraordinary justice -- Courage to be bold -- Savage harshness made complete -- The art of dying -- Rich, ferocious, thirsting for glory.
Profiles Henry VII as an enigmatic and ruthless king of a country ravaged by decades of conspiracy and civil war, discussing the costs of establishing a Tudor monarchy and the ways he set the stage for Henry VIII's reign.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.