- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 250 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Emotional problems -- Fiction.
- Irish Americans -- Fiction.
- Gangsters -- Fiction.
- High schools -- Fiction.
- Violence -- Fiction.
- Basketball -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Pennsylvania -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Sports Fiction for Teens - Eighth to Twelfth Grade
- YALSA's Best Fiction for Young Adults 2013
- Mock Printz 2013 Goodreads
- Printz 2013 Contenders
- LINKS -- High School Grades 9-12
- Checkout History
- May School Visits 2012 - Ryan MS
- Sports Fiction
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen
Finley, an unnaturally quiet boy who is the only white player on his high school's varsity basketball team, lives in a dismal Pennsylvania town that is ruled by the Irish mob, and when his coach asks him to mentor a troubled African American student who has transferred there from an elite private school in California, he finds that they have a lot in common in spite of their apparent differences.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.