- Published: Beverly Hills, Calif. : MGM Home Entertainment : Distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 2-disc collector's ed.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Winkler, Irwin.
- Chartoff, Robert.
- Stallone, Sylvester.
- Avildsen, John G., 1936-
- Shire, Talia.
- Young, Burt.
- Weathers, Carl.
- Meredith, Burgess, 1907-1997.
- Conti, Bill.
- MGM Home Entertainment Inc.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Balboa, Rocky (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Boxers (Sports) -- Drama. -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Boxing matches -- Drama. -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Boxing managers -- Drama. -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Meat industry and trade -- Drama. -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Adventure films.
- Feature films.
- Boxing films.
- Sports films.
- Action and adventure films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Sports -- Feature.
- Adventure -- Feature.
- Romance -- Feature.
Recently Listed On
- Sports Movies
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 3
- sports movies
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Rocky
Available Copies: West Adult
Originally released as a motion picture in 1976.
Special features: Audio and video commentary with Sylvester Stallone; audio commentary with two boxing legends; audio commentary with the director, producers and cast members; three-part "In the ring" making-of documentary; 10 additional featurettes/documentaries; TV spots, TV appearances and trailers; a sneak peak at "Rocky Balboa."
Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith.
Rocky Balboa is a struggling boxer trying to make the big time. He works in a meat factory in Philadelphia for a meager wage so he also earns extra cash as a debt collector. When heavyweight champion Apollo Creed visits Philadelphia, his managers want to set up an exhibition match between Creed and a struggling boxer. The promoters are touting the fight as a chance for a "nobody" to become a "somebody". The match is supposed to be easily won by Creed, but someone forgot to tell Rocky, who sees this as his only shot at the big time.
DVD, NTSC, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital mono, dual-layer.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.