- Published: New York : Bloomsbury, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 341 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 800
- Toussaint Louverture, -- 1743-1803 -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Gangs -- Fiction.
- Violence -- Fiction.
- Haiti Earthquake, Haiti, 2010 -- Fiction.
- Haiti -- Fiction. -- History -- Revolution, 1791-1804
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
by Lake, Nick.
There are currently 7 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Storage Teen, Downtown Teen, Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen, West Teen
In the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake, fifteen-year-old Shorty, a poor gang member from the slums of Site Soleil, is trapped in the rubble of a ruined hospital, and as he grows weaker he has visions and memories of his life of violence, his lost twin sister, and of Toussaint L'Ouverture, who liberated Haiti from French rule in the 1804.