- Published: New York : Bloomsbury, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 341 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 800
- Toussaint Louverture, -- 1743-1803 -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Gangs -- Fiction.
- Violence -- Fiction.
- Haiti Earthquake, Haiti, 2010 -- Fiction.
- Haiti -- Fiction. -- History -- Revolution, 1791-1804
Recently Listed On
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- 2013 Printz Award Winners
- Printz Award Winners, 2000-2014
Login to add tags
by Lake, Nick.
There are currently 7 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Pittsfield Teen, Traverwood Teen
In the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake, fifteen-year-old Shorty, a poor gang member from the slums of Site Soleil, is trapped in the rubble of a ruined hospital, and as he grows weaker he has visions and memories of his life of violence, his lost twin sister, and of Toussaint L'Ouverture, who liberated Haiti from French rule in the 1804.