- Published: New York : Kensington Books, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 310 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Silkstone, Thomas (Fictitious character)
- Physicians -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Fiction. -- Investigation
- London (England) -- Fiction. -- Social life and customs -- 18th century
- Great Britain -- Fiction. -- History -- 18th century
- Mystery fiction.
- Historical fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The anatomist's apprentice
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Mystery
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Malletts Adult, West Adult
The death of Sir Edward Crick has unleashed a torrent of gossip through the seedy taverns and elegant ballrooms of Oxfordshire. Few mourn the dissolute young man- except his sister, the beautiful Lady Lydia Farrell. When her husband comes under suspicion of murder, she seeks expert help from Dr. Thomas Silkstone, a young anatomist from Philadelphia. Thomas arrived in England to study under its foremost surgeon, where his unconventional methods only add to his outsider status. Against his better judgment he agrees to examine Sir Edward's corpse. But it is not only the dead, but also the living, to whom he must apply the keen blade of his intellect. And the deeper the doctor's investigations go, the greater the risk that he will be consigned to the ranks of the corpses he studies.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.