- Published: New York, NY : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 610
Recently Listed On
- LINKS Kindergarten through Third Grade
- Children's Books by African American Authors
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: E LYO
Available Copies: Downtown Youth PicBks, Malletts Youth Picture Books, Traverwood Youth PicBks
This story of an African American wedding explains the history of the custom of jumping the broom, and the time when slaves had not been allowed to legally marry before the post-slavery Reconstruction era.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.