- Published: New York : Abrams ComicArts, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 221 p. : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Childhood and youth.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Friends and associates.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Family.
- Derf -- Childhood and youth.
- Problem youth.
- Male friendship.
- Behavior disorders in adolescence.
- Serial murderers.
- Nineteen seventies.
- High school students -- Ohio.
- High schools -- Ohio.
- Graphic novels.
- Biographical comic books, strips, etc.
Recently Listed On
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens Top Ten 2013
- 2013 Alex Award Winners - Teens & Adults
- Alex Award Winners - 2002-2013
Login to add tags
My friend Dahmer
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Graphic Novel
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Preface: the convoluted history of 'My friend Dahmer' -- Prologue -- pt. 1. The strange boy -- pt. 2. A secret life -- pt. 3. The Dahmer fan club -- pt. 4. Becoming the monster -- pt. 5. Fade to black -- Epilogue.
"You only think you know this story. In 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer, the most notorious serial killer since Jack the Ripper, seared himself into the American consciousness. To the public, Dahmer was a monster who committed unthinkable atrocities. To Derf Backderf, 'Jeff' was a much more complex figure: a high school friend with whom he had shared classrooms, hallways, and car rides. In [this story], a haunting and original graphic novel, writer-artist Backderf creates a surprisingly sympathetic portrait of a disturbed young man struggling against the morbid urges emanating from the deep recesses of his psyche-- a shy kid, a teenage alcoholic, and a goofball who never quite fit in with his classmates. With profound insight, what emerges is a Jeffrey Dahmer that few ever really knew, and one readers will never forget."--Amazon.com.
Login to write a review of your own.