- Published: New York : Abrams ComicArts, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 221 p. : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Childhood and youth.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Friends and associates.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Family.
- Derf -- Childhood and youth.
- Problem youth.
- Male friendship.
- Behavior disorders in adolescence.
- Serial murderers.
- Nineteen seventies.
- High school students -- Ohio.
- High schools -- Ohio.
- Graphic novels.
- Biographical comic books, strips, etc.
Recently Listed On
- The A.V. Club's Best Comics of 2012: Graphic Novels and Art Comics
- Publisher's Weekly Best Books 2012, Comics
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2012
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2013
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Graphic novel biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs
- Great Graphic Novels For Teens Top Ten 2013
- 2013 Alex Award Winners - Teens & Adults
- Alex Award Winners - 2002-2014
Login to add tags
My friend Dahmer
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Derf
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Pittsfield Adult
Preface: the convoluted history of 'My friend Dahmer' -- Prologue -- pt. 1. The strange boy -- pt. 2. A secret life -- pt. 3. The Dahmer fan club -- pt. 4. Becoming the monster -- pt. 5. Fade to black -- Epilogue.
"You only think you know this story. In 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer, the most notorious serial killer since Jack the Ripper, seared himself into the American consciousness. To the public, Dahmer was a monster who committed unthinkable atrocities. To Derf Backderf, 'Jeff' was a much more complex figure: a high school friend with whom he had shared classrooms, hallways, and car rides. In [this story], a haunting and original graphic novel, writer-artist Backderf creates a surprisingly sympathetic portrait of a disturbed young man struggling against the morbid urges emanating from the deep recesses of his psyche-- a shy kid, a teenage alcoholic, and a goofball who never quite fit in with his classmates. With profound insight, what emerges is a Jeffrey Dahmer that few ever really knew, and one readers will never forget."--Amazon.com.
Login to write a review of your own.