- Published: New York : Wendy Lamb Books, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 307 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- Family life -- Fiction.
- Depressions -- Fiction. -- 1929
- Poverty -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Gary (Ind.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- Flint (Mich.) -- History -- Fiction. -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- Publisher Weekly Best Children's Fiction Books of 2012
- 4th Grade Reads
- Recommended Historical Fiction for Children
- Newbery 2013 Contenders
- LINKS Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Children's Books by African American Authors
Login to add tags
The mighty Miss Malone
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction
Available Copies: Malletts Youth
With love and determination befitting the "world's greatest family," twelve-year-old Deza Malone, her older brother Jimmie, and their parents endure tough times in Gary, Indiana, and later Flint, Michigan, during the Great Depression.
Reviews & Summaries
The characters are great, the story is compelling, and the history truly comes alive.
Read this book.
Login to write a review of your own.