- Published: Somerville, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 218 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 660
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Horses -- Fiction.
- City and town life -- Fiction. -- Pennsylvania
- Conduct of life -- Fiction.
- Moving, Household -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- African American boys -- Fiction.
- Twelve-year-old boys -- Fiction.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Fiction.
- Pennsylvania -- Fiction.
- Realistic fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 2011 Top Shelf Fiction for Middle Schoolers
- LINKS Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Children's Books by African American Authors
Login to add tags
by Neri, Greg.
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Neri, Greg
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
Twelve-year-old Cole's behavior causes his mother to drive him from Detroit to Philadelphia to live with a father he has never known, but who soon has Cole involved with a group of African-American "cowboys" who rescue horses and use them to steer youths away from drugs and gangs.
Witty, Touching, and a lesson to be learned.
Login to write a review of your own.