- Published: New York : Bloomsbury USA, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
- Description: 261 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- African American children -- Fiction.
- African American teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Motherless families -- Fiction.
- African American families -- Fiction. -- Mississippi
- Rural poor -- Fiction. -- Mississippi
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Fiction.
- Gulf Coast (Miss.) -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- If you liked Winter's Bone...
- National Book Award Finalists 2011
- University of Michigan Creative Writing
- 2012 Alex Award Winners
- Alex Award Winners - 2002-2014
Login to add tags
Salvage the bones
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult, Pittsfield Adult, West Adult
Enduring a hardscrabble existence as the children of alcoholic and absent parents, four siblings from a coastal Mississippi town prepare their meager stores for the arrival of Hurricane Katrina while struggling with such challenges as a teen pregnancy and a dying litter of prize pups.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.