- Published: Charleston, SC : History Press, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 157 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Wine and wine making -- History. -- Michigan
- Wine and wine making -- History. -- Great Lakes Region (North America)
- Vineyards -- History. -- Michigan
- Vintners -- Biography. -- Michigan
- Wineries -- Michigan.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The history of Michigan wines : 150 years of winemaking along the Great Lakes
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 641.22 Ha
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Introduction: Great Lakes, latitude and attitude -- Winemaking pioneers: mid-1800s to early 1900s -- Prohibition and wine: 1918 to 1933 -- Post-Prohibition: the boom of the 1930s to 1950s -- Visionaries and survivalists: the 1960s and 1970s -- Agricultural bounty: 1980 to 2010 -- Michigan: destination for world-class wine and food experiences -- Appendix: List of Michigan wineries.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.