- Published: New York : Pamela Dorman Books/Viking, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 306 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Families of military personnel -- Fiction.
- Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Loss (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Iraq War, 2003 -- Fiction. -- Social aspects
- Psychological fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
When Alice Bliss learns that her father is being deployed to Iraq, she's heartbroken. Alice idolizes her father, loves working beside him in their garden, accompanying him on the occasional roofing job, playing baseball. When he ships out, Alice is faced with finding a way to fill the emptiness he has left behind. Matt will miss seeing his daughter blossom from a tomboy into a full-blown teenager. Alice will learn to drive, join the track team, go to her first dance, and fall in love, all while trying to be strong for her mother, Angie, and take care of her precocious little sister, Ellie.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.