- Published: [S.l.] : In-D Media LLC., c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 1 videodisc (1 hr., 25 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, -- 1867-1959 -- Criticism and interpretation -- History.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum -- History.
- Art museum architecture -- 20th century. -- New York (State) -- New York
- Architecture -- History -- 20th century. -- United States
- Modern movement (Architecture) -- 20th century. -- United States
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim Museum
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 727.709 Fr
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Told by Neil Levine.
"To house Solomon Guggenheim's collection of modern art, Frank Lloyd Wright envisioned a powerful spatial experience, one that would revolutionize the relationship between people and art. The result, the iconic Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, utilized stunning innovation in form and Wright's concept of organic architecture to radically transform the museum experience. It has often been said that the greatest work in the collection of the Guggenheim Museum is the building itself. What makes the Guggenheim an architectural and cultural icon? How did Wright conceive of and develop his ideas for the building's coiling ramp and magnificent rotunda? And how does it continue to challenge our collective understanding of art museums even into the 21st century? Neil Levine, world-renowned architectural historian and professor at Harvard University takes us on an engaging and personal tour of the building and its history."--Container.
DVD; dual-layer format; NTSC & PAL; Dolby Digital 2.0.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.