- Published: Old Saybrook, CT : Tantor Audio, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: Library ed.
- Description: 9 sound discs (10 hrs., 30 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: Book on CD
- Leckie, Robert, -- 1920
- United States. -- Marine Corps.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Helmet for my pillow : from Parris Island to the Pacific
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Read by John Allen Nelson.
Follow John Leckie's odyssey, from basic training on Parris Island, South Carolina, all the way to the raging battles in the Pacific, where some of the war's fiercest fighting took place. Recounting his services with the 1st Marine Division and the brutal action on Guadalcanal, New Britain and Peleliu, Leckie spares no detail of the horrors and sacrifices of war.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.