- Published: North Kingstown, RI : AudioGO, p2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 5 sound discs (5 hrs., 30 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: Book on CD
- Fey, Tina, -- 1970
- Women comedians -- Biography.
- Women television personalities -- Biography.
- American wit and humor.
Recently Listed On
- Audiobooks of interest
- Audiobooks That Make Every Drive Worth It
- I Don't Usually Read Memoirs But Enjoyed These
- Great on Audio
- Lucy Reads
- Checkout History
- Library Journal's Best Media 2011: Audiobooks
- Audible.com's Best Audiobooks of 2011
- AADL Staff Picks--Mara (Adult)
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: BOCD 921 Fey, Tina
"Includes a PDF of photos"--Container.
Narrated by the author.
Tina Fey had always dreamt of becoming a TV comedian. Here, listeners will learn how those dreams have come true as Tina tells all--and explains how you're no one until someone calls you bossy.
PDF requires Adobe Reader.
The content of the book is phenomenal. From her humble beginnings as a frumpy child and teenager to her current status as a witty writer and performer (but according to herself, still frumpy). The most lovable aspect of Fey is that even though she is smart and funny, she still finds herself in awkward or embarrassing situations. For example, when told that NBC was going to pick up 30 Rock, her nervous reaction was, "Your welcome!" Having done similar things, I immediately related to her and found her verbal slip endearing.
The hunch that I get from listening to her talk about herself is that Fey will never suffer from a large ego. She knocks herself down enough while still appearing to have confidence. It seems to be a delicate balance that she succeeds at keeping. I enjoyed listening to this so much that after I returned it, I immediately put it on hold again!
Login to write a review of your own.