- Published: New York, NY : Cinema Guild, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 1 videodisc (84 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Hogancamp, Mark.
- Artists -- Biography. -- New York (State) -- Kingston
- Brain damage -- Patients -- Rehabilitation.
- Victims of violent crimes -- Rehabilitation.
- Models and modelmaking -- Therapeutic use.
- Photography, Artistic.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Feature films.
- Feature films -- United States.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 617.4 Ma
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult
Originally produced in 2010.
After being brutally attacked outside a bar and recovering from a coma and extensive physical injuries, Mark Hogancamp suffered brain damage and nearly total memory loss. Unable to afford therapy he spent the next few years building a scale model, World War II-era town, Marwencol, populated with dolls, where he lived out his fantasy life, and which he documented in photographs. When his photographs were discovered by an art magazine, a New York gallery invited him to show his work, forcing him to choose between his self-contained world and the larger world from which he had retreated.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.