- Published: Chapel Hill : Published in association with the North Carolina Museum of History by the University of North Carolina Press, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: xii, 289 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), map ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780807833414 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 080783341X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Day, Thomas, -- ca. 1801-ca. 1861 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Furniture -- History -- 19th century. -- North Carolina
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Thomas Day : master craftsman and free man of color
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 749.092 Da
Available Copies: Downtown 3rd Floor
A cabinetmaker by trade -- A good and valuable citizen -- Opportunities for an industrious man -- Unavoidable encumbrances, gratifying accomplishments -- An assortment of fine and fashionable furniture -- Bold and expressive architectural woodwork -- Epilogue : An enduring legacy -- Appendix A : John Day Sr. estate papers -- Appendix B : Petition from the citizens of Milton on behalf of Thomas Day, 1830.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.