- Published: [United States] : Boston, Mass. : PBS Distribution ; WGBH, 
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: Original UK edition.
- Description: 1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Percival, Brian.
- Bolt, Ben, 1952-
- Kelly, Brian. (Director)
- Smith, Maggie, 1934-
- Bonneville, Hugh.
- McGovern, Elizabeth, 1961-
- Carter, Jim, 1948-
- Logan, Phyllis.
- Dockery, Michelle, 1981-
- Stevens, Dan, 1982-
- Fellowes, Julian.
- Carnival Films (Great Britain)
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- PBS Distribution (Firm)
- Country life -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Families -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Household employees -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Television programs -- Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Drama.
- Television programs.
- Television series.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Downton Abbey. Season 1, Disc 1
There are currently 10 available and 1 request on 32 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV Downton Season 1, Disc 1
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult, Malletts Adult, West Adult
Includes episodes 1,2.
Maggie Smith, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Jim Carter, Phyllis Logan, Michelle Dockery, Dan Stevens.
Set in an Edwardian country house in 1912, Downton Abbey portrays the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them. In the drawing rooms, library, and beautiful bedrooms, with their tall windows looking across the park, lives the family, but below stairs are other residents, the servants, as fiercely possessive of their ranks as anyone above.
DVD, widescreen, stereo.
Basically, with the sinking of the Titanic, the Earl of Grantham's two male heirs are wiped out. This entails the line out of their immediate family and onto a distant cousin, Matthew Crawley. The acting is impeccable, the setting is well, huge, and the costumes and details are pitch-perfect.
Login to write a review of your own.