- Published: [United States] : Boston, Mass. : PBS Distribution ; WGBH, 
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: Original UK edition.
- Description: 1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Percival, Brian.
- Bolt, Ben, 1952-
- Kelly, Brian. (Director)
- Smith, Maggie, 1934-
- Bonneville, Hugh.
- McGovern, Elizabeth, 1961-
- Carter, Jim, 1948-
- Logan, Phyllis.
- Dockery, Michelle, 1981-
- Stevens, Dan, 1982-
- Fellowes, Julian.
- Carnival Films (Great Britain)
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- PBS Distribution (Firm)
- Country life -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Families -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Household employees -- Drama. -- Great Britain
- Television programs -- Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Drama.
- Television programs.
- Television series.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- favorite shows
- Golden Globes 2013 Nominees
- Great Television for Teens
- British TV
- Watchalikes For Gosford Park
- These are (more than) a few of my favorite things!
- Things that make me happy
- Checkout History
- Checkout History
- Entertainment for Adults
Login to add tags
Downton Abbey. Season 1, Disc 1
There are currently 19 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV Downton Season 1, Disc 1
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult, Malletts Adult
Includes episodes 1,2.
Maggie Smith, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Jim Carter, Phyllis Logan, Michelle Dockery, Dan Stevens.
Set in an Edwardian country house in 1912, Downton Abbey portrays the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them. In the drawing rooms, library, and beautiful bedrooms, with their tall windows looking across the park, lives the family, but below stairs are other residents, the servants, as fiercely possessive of their ranks as anyone above.
DVD, widescreen, stereo.
Basically, with the sinking of the Titanic, the Earl of Grantham's two male heirs are wiped out. This entails the line out of their immediate family and onto a distant cousin, Matthew Crawley. The acting is impeccable, the setting is well, huge, and the costumes and details are pitch-perfect.
Login to write a review of your own.