- Published: Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: xxvi, 307 p. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Company town architecture -- Michigan -- Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Architecture, Domestic -- Michigan -- Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Architecture and society -- History -- 19th century. -- Michigan -- Keweenaw Peninsula
- Architecture and society -- History -- 20th century. -- Michigan -- Keweenaw Peninsula
Recently Listed On
- Funny and Fun!
- Michigan Notable Books 2011 (awarded by the Library of Michigan) in the AADL collection
Login to add tags
Mine towns : buildings for workers in Michigan's Copper Country
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 728.097 Ho
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Introduction: Negotiating paternalism in the Copper Country -- Saltboxes and T-plans : creating and inhabiting the company house -- The spaces of a strike : company buildings and landscapes in a time of conflict -- "Home for the working man" : strategies for homeownership -- Acquiring conveniences : water, heat, and light -- Churches, schools, bathhouses : building community on company land -- Preservation and loss : remembering through buildings.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.