- Published: New York : W. W. Norton, c2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 335 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Farm life -- Washington (State) -- Vashon Island.
- Country life -- Washington (State) -- Vashon Island.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs
- SCIENCE / Life Sciences / Horticulture
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Growing a farmer : how I learned to live off the land
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 630.92 Ti
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Before the farm -- Growing the farm -- Bees -- Fruit, apples, vinegar -- Sheep, goats, pastures and grazing -- Cows -- Dairying -- Raw milk -- Vegetables -- Fowl -- Pigs -- The slaughter -- Butchering -- The present-day farm -- The table.
A former Seattle urbanite and restaurateur describes the realities of establishing a profitable farm on Vashon Island, his growing awareness of the relationship between food and its sources, and the specifics of making cheese, raising cows, and slaughtering pigs.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.