- Published: New York : HarperCollins, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 770
- 9780061349201 (trade bdg.)
- 0061349208 (trade bdg.)
- 9780061349218 (lib. bdg.)
- 0061349216 (lib. bdg.)
- Manley, Effa, -- 1897-1981.
- Newark Eagles (Baseball team) -- History.
- Women baseball team owners -- Biography.
- African American women -- Biography.
- African American business enterprises -- New Jersey -- Newark.
Recently Listed On
- Sports Stories - gr. K-3
- Picture Book History - Women's stories
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
Login to add tags
She loved baseball : the Effa Manley story
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 921 Manley, Effa
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Traverwood Youth
Effa always loved baseball. As a young woman, she would go to Yankee Stadium just to see Babe Ruth's mighty swing. But she never dreamed she would someday own a baseball team. Or be the first and only woman ever inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. From her childhood in Philadelphia to her groundbreaking role as business manager and owner of the Newark Eagles, Effa Manley always fought for what was right. And she always swung for the fences.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.