- Published: New York : Dutton Books, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 369 p. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 680
- Mate selection -- Fiction.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Self-realization -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Popular Teen Fantasy Fiction
- If you liked Divergent, try....
- YA Is Not For Wimps
- Lucy's Staff Picks - YA
- Checkout History
- If You Like "Divergent"...
- Science Fiction Dystopian Trilogy's & Good Trilogy's!
- NPR List of the Best 100 Young Adult and Teen Novels
- Great Fantasy and Science Fiction Books For Teen and Young Adults
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 2 requests on 7 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
All her life, Cassia has never had a choice. The Society dictates everything: when and how to play, where to work, where to live, what to eat and wear, when to die, and most importantly to Cassia as she turns 17, who to marry. When she is Matched with her best friend Xander, things couldn't be more perfect. But why did her neighbor Ky's face show up on her match disk as well?
Reviews & Summaries
I like that it sets up a female protagonist who is discovering herself. I like that she is trying to balance the tensions between what she has always believed in (family, Society, Xander) with new discoveries (Ky, Grandfather's revelations, a mistake in her Match).
But having read the Hunger Games, and Delirium (especially Delirium!) this just doesn't feel new. I'm pretty sure I can predict everything that's going to happen along the way. I'll still support and encourage my daughter (and my son, if he wants to read it) to enjoy it when she reaches the right age, because good female characters on journeys of self-discovery are important role models.
But at 43, I don't need to spend any more time here, myself.
Login to write a review of your own.