- Published: New York : Clarion Books, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 121 p. : map ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 720
- 9780547251271 (hc)
- 0547251270 (hc)
- Dut, Salva, -- 1974 -- Fiction.
- Refugees -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Water -- Fiction.
- Blacks -- Fiction. -- Sudan
- Sudan -- Fiction. -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005
Recently Listed On
- Favorite Books
- 2014 Ann Arbor Ypsilanti READS - grades 6-8
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- 4th grade and 5th grade Historical Fiction
- Recipients of the Jane Addams Children's Book Award
- Children's Books by Asian Authors
- Checkout History
- African Historical Fiction for Teens
- May School Visits 2011 - Sharon MS
Login to add tags
A long walk to water
There are no copies available and 5 requests on 3 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Park, Linda
"Based on a true story."
When the Sudanese civil war reaches his village in 1985, eleven-year-old Salva becomes separated from his family and must walk with other Dinka tribe members through southern Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya in search of safe haven. Based on the life of Salva Dut, who, after emigrating to America in 1996, began a project to dig water wells in Sudan.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.