- Published: New York : Clarion Books, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 121 p. : map ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 720
- 9780547251271 (hc)
- 0547251270 (hc)
- Dut, Salva, -- 1974 -- Fiction.
- Refugees -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Water -- Fiction.
- Blacks -- Fiction. -- Sudan
- Sudan -- Fiction. -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005
Recently Listed On
- Children's Books by Asian Authors
- Historical Fiction North America - grades 4-9
- Historical Fiction World - grades 4-9
- Checkout History
- African Historical Fiction for Teens
- May School Visits 2011 - Sharon MS
Login to add tags
A long walk to water
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
"Based on a true story."
When the Sudanese civil war reaches his village in 1985, eleven-year-old Salva becomes separated from his family and must walk with other Dinka tribe members through southern Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya in search of safe haven. Based on the life of Salva Dut, who, after emigrating to America in 1996, began a project to dig water wells in Sudan.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.