- Published: New York : Abrams ComicArts, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 304 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 28 cm. +
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Horror comic books, strips, etc.
- Horror comic books, strips, etc. -- History and criticism.
- LITERARY CRITICISM / Comics & Graphic Novels
Recently Listed On
- The Horror! Stories to Make You Shiver
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Graphic Novel Reporter's 2010 Favorites
Login to add tags
The horror! the horror! : comic books the government didn't want you to read!
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 741.531 Ho
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Uncovers a rare visual treasury of some of the most important and neglected stories in American literature--the pre-Code horror comics of the 1950s. Censored out of existence by Congress in an infamous televised US Senate subcommittee hearing investigating juvenile delinquency, these rare comic book images are culled from a collection of several hundred, many of which have been rarely seen since they were first issued--now revealed once again in all of their eye-popping inventive outrageousness. Includes over 200 covers and complete stories as they were originally seen, scanned from mint copies in the author's extensive collection. Coupled with commentary and informative text that provides readers with detailed history and complete context for these stories and their creators.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.