- Published: New York : Delacorte Press, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 296 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- 9780385904469 (lib. bdg.)
- 0385904460 (lib. bdg.)
- Racially mixed people -- Fiction.
- Twins -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Identity -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
- Beauty contests -- Fiction.
- Grandmothers -- Fiction.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Siblings
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Issues / Prejudice & Racism
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The other half of my heart
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Frazier, Sundee
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
Twin daughters of interracial parents, eleven-year-olds Keira and Minna have very different skin tones and personalities, but it is not until their African American grandmother enters them in the Miss Black Pearl Pre-Teen competition in North Carolina that red-haired and pale-skinned Minna realizes what life in their small town in the Pacific Northwest has been like for her more outgoing, darker-skinned sister.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.