- Published: [England] : [New York, NY] : Burbank, CA : BBC Video ; Distributed by BBC Worldwide Americas ; Distributed by Warner Home Video, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 177 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Birtwistle, Sue.
- Thomas, Heidi, 1967-
- Curtis, Simon, 1960-
- Dench, Judi, 1934-
- Atkins, Eileen, 1934-
- Glenister, Philip.
- Gambon, Michael.
- Annis, Francesca, 1944-
- Staunton, Imelda, 1953-
- McKenzie, Julia.
- Wise, Greg, 1966-
- Manville, Lesley.
- Jennings, Alex.
- Davis, Carl, 1936-
- Conklin, Susie.
- Gaskell, Elizabeth Cleghorn, 1810-1865.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Chestermead Ltd.
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- BBC Video (Firm)
- BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Market towns -- Drama. -- England
- Single women -- Drama. -- England
- Older women -- Drama. -- England
- Gossip -- Drama. -- England
- Social norms -- Drama.
- Television melodramas.
- Television programs for the hearing impaired.
- Made-for-TV movies.
- Television mini-series.
- Fiction television programs.
- Feature films.
- Film adaptations.
- Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Recently Listed On
- Isn't that blank who played blank in the Harry Potter movie
- reasons to watch british televison
- BBC Historical Drama on DVD
Login to add tags
Cranford : return to Cranford
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV Cranford
Available Copies: Pittsfield Adult
Subtitle from disc surface and container.
Series created by Sue Birtwistle and Susie Conklin.
Based on the three novels by Elizabeth Gaskell.
Special features: "Cranford in detail".
Part one : August 1844 -- Part two : October 1844.
Judi Dench, Eileen Atkins, Philip Glenister, Michael Gambon, Francesca Annis, Imelda Staunton, Julia McKenzie, Greg Wise, Lesley Manville, Alex Jennings, Dean Lennox Kelly.
Miss Matty's house is full of life and bustle. Her dream of having a child in the house has been realized in the birth of Tilly, daughter of her maid Martha and carpenter Jem. Elsewhere, the shadow of the railway still looms, but the line has been halted five miles outside Cranford, a disaster as far as Captain Brown is concerned. Meanwhile, as Mr. Buxton returns to town with his son, William, and his niece, Erminia, Miss Matty becomes concerned about another young person, Peggy Bell, who lives in an isolated cottage with her mother and domineering brother. She decides to intervene and engineers an invitation that will bring the four young people together. But when tragedy strikes, she fears she has opened a Pandora's box from which Cranford will never recover.
DVD9, region 1; 16x9 enhanced; Dolby Digital stereo; NTSC.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.