- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 172 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1180
- Ku Klux Klan (19th cent.)
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- )
- Racism -- History.
- Hate groups -- History.
- United States -- Race relations.
Recently Listed On
- YALSA Nonfiction Award Books for Teens
- 2011 YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults
- LJ Best Young Adult Lit for Adults 2010
Login to add tags
They called themselves the K.K.K. : the birth of an American terrorist group
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen 322.42 Ba
Available Copies: Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen
A note to the reader -- "Bottom rail top" -- "Boys, let us get up a club" -- "I was killed at Chickamauga" -- "Worms would have been eating me now -- "They say a man ought not to vote" -- "I am going to die on this land" -- "A whole race trying to go to school" -- "They must have somebody to guide them" -- "Forced by force, to use force" -- "The sacredness of the human person" -- Epilogue : "it tuck a long time" -- Civil rights time line.
Documents the history and origin of the Ku Klux Klan from its beginning in Pulaski, Tennessee, and provides personal accounts, congressional documents, diaries, and more.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.