- Published: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: xxii, 324 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780307269065 (alk. paper)
- 030726906X (alk. paper)
- African American women -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century. -- Alabama
- African American women -- Violence against -- History -- 20th century. -- Alabama
- Rape -- Political aspects -- History -- 20th century. -- Southern States
- Civil rights movements -- History -- 20th century. -- Southern States
- Southern States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
At the dark end of the street : black women, rape, and resistance : a new history of the civil rights movement from Rosa Parks to the rise of black power
There are no copies available and 1 request on 1 copy
Where To Find It
Call number: Black Studies 323.119 McG
"They'd kill me if I told" -- "Negroes every day are being molested" -- "Walking in pride and dignity" -- "There's open season on Negroes now" -- "It was like all of us had been raped" -- "A black woman's body was never hers alone" -- Sex and civil rights -- "Power to the ice pick!" -- Epilogue: "we all lived in fear for years."
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.